The most asked questions about our software, scan the
list to see if your question has already been answered, if not please contact us.
What is iMagic Restaurant Reservation?
iMagic Restaurant Reservation is a software system that helps you to take and then manage reservations and customers for your restaurant. It's a "desktop" application, so you download and install it on onto your PC (or tablet PC). After purchase you own the license, any renewals are optional.
What do I do if I have a question?
If it's not covered in this list then please visit our support page and contact us. We're open 9-5pm Mon-Fri and we'd be happy to help!
What do I get when I purchase iMagic Restaurant Reservation?
After purchase you'll be emailed a "registration key" and a download link to the full version (you'd download and install, enter in the key and you're all set). If you've already entered in reservations into the Trial Edition then they would be carried over.
You'll also be able to use our support pages for any technical help, request any new features you'd like to see added into the system and receive all new releases for a year. After that time you can optionally renew and get another year of updates and support.
I'm using the Trial Edition, will I have to re-enter any information when I purchase?
No your information is carried over into the Full Edition.
Can I use iMagic Restaurant Reservation on more than 1 PC at once, sharing the same information?
Yes iMagic Restaurant Reservation can be used by several PCs at once, so you might have 1 PC at reception and another at your back office.
To setup multiple users you would install iMagic Restaurant onto each PC that needs it. Then choose one as the main/server PC (usually the fastest one), this then shares it's database with the other PCs on the network.
You can setup the network feature as follows:
1) Install iMagic Restaurant onto the "server" PC, this will then be the central database. Configure and setup the system and other details as required.
2) Still on the server, "share" the folder where the database is located. To find the folder select from the main menu Help/About and click "Database". Give everyone full read and write access.
3) Install iMagic Restaurant onto the other PCs (don't launch it just yet).
4) On each PC launch the "Database Administration utility" (found under the menu Start > iMagic Restaurant Reservation > Database Administration). Follow the wizard and set the database folder to the shared folder that you just created on the server.
5) You can now launch iMagic Restaurant on each PC and it will share the information between them.
If you get stuck setting up, contact us and we'll help out!
How can I change the currency setting?
iMagic Restaurant Reservation uses the currency setting in Windows. To change this to a different currency, in Windows:
1) Right click on the Start button and select Settings.
2) In the 'Find a setting' search, type "change the way currency is displayed" and select the option. The Region settings will open.
3) Click on "Additional settings..."
4) Click the Currency 'Tab'.
5) Change the 'Currency Symbol' to your own and click OK.
iMagic Restaurant Reservation will then use your selected currency. You may need to restart iMagic Restaurant Reservation for it to take effect.
How much does iMagic Restaurant cost?
Click the Buy link on the top menu for the latest pricing.
Pricing is based on the number of PCs it's installed on. So if you wanted to use it on, say, 2 PCs you'd want the 2 PC license.
What is the limit of reservations/customers/covers for iMagic Restaurant Reservation?
There isn't any limit imposed by us.
In practice the upper limit would depend on the speed of your PC, available RAM etc. A typical modern PC would be able to deal with tens of thousands of reservations without slowing down. A more powerful PC can handle many times that.
I'm using Excel or pencil and paper why should I use a iMagic Restaurant instead?
There are many advantages to using our software although the main one would be that it makes your life easier. It will save you time and effort, being specifically designed for restaurant management it can help out a lot by automating many day-to-day operations and reducing errors.
What support is offered?
We have support via our online forum and email, see our support page for the links.
How can I backup iMagic Restaurant Reservation?
You'd want to backup your central "database" file and any note files. All of the information is stored in a single folder, so you'd just need to backup that one folder. If you select from the menu Help/About and then click "Database" it will tell you where this folder is.
You can also backup from within the application by selecting File > Backup Database.
What reports are available?
All commonly used reports are available, including reservations and customers. iMagic Restaurant Reservation is fully compatible with MS Access, so most reporting applications can be used including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Access, Crystal Reports, etc. You can also export to your spreadsheet applicaiton (such as Excel) for even more options.
What table management is available?
You can add and remove tables as required, create Table Blocks for special events, assign tables to venues, choose the management of bookings and how many tables should be made available.